Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Stalk Me by Jillian Dodd review


BAMF Review by HEATHER<3

“You’re single. I’m single. Let’s mingle.”

4 hilarious STARS!  

Stalk Me was a funny, light read, it’s the first of a 6 book series. This is not a deep, make you think about the world in a new light, type of book. It’s the, I need a fun break, book. I enjoyed Jillian Dodd’s writhing style; this was the first of her book that I’ve read. I felt Jillian was making fun of the in-crowd, while still getting you invested into the storyline. I even had to read a couple of passages to my husband, so we could laugh together.

 Keatyn Douglas is 15, beautiful, popular, and has a perfect scripted out life. But what seems to be perfect on the outside isn’t always the case. Keatyn has no shortage of love interests.  I’m not sure she’ll ever be able to settle down with the amount of hotties! She’s in love with her best friend, but her other best friend is in love with her. She’s popular, but at what cost? Her mom and step-dad are famous movie stars, but are her friends only around for the fame? And what’s the deal with her mom’s creepy stalker?

 This is definitely a Mature YA book, there’s underage drinking, drugs, and sex. So not for the younger crowd, but still set in high school. It’s not my usual read, but in this story, everything worked. I enjoyed that there was nothing huge going on, it was light and airy, and just what I needed after some deep reads.  I look forward to seeing what else is to come for Keatyn and her life, and am definitely buying some more of Jillian Dodd’s writing! And I am 100% Team Cush!!


No comments:

Post a Comment