Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Consequences by Aleatha Romig






Consequences
By: Aleatha Romig
**5 MINDFUCKING STARS**

 




Life is not what it’s supposed to be. It’s what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes                      the difference.-Virginia Satir

I do not even know where to begin! This was the biggest mindfuck I have ever read. I was confused with my feelings the whole way through. I was rooting for a psychopath at a few points. What started as a freaky romance, ended in a huge twisted mystery. Every possible emotion, good and bad, was touched while reading this novel.

Anyone can give up. It’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand of you fell apart, that’s true strength.-Unknown

Claire Nichols is a laid-off meteorologist, working as a bartender, she has $210,000 in debt. One night at work, a mysterious dark patron comes in and asks Claire for a drink after work. Anthony Rawlings is tall, dark, and handsome. He is extremely private. Not many people know the real Tony. A contract is made on a bar napkin, ridding her of her debt. What is Claire getting herself into? She thinks a possible job, but it is of course, much, much more. Claire is taken from her home and life and given the choice to fight back or adapt. Which takes more strength?

“I would rather think about the consequences of staying with you and learning what makes you happy,” she smiled, “and learning what you want of me, and when you want it.”

Each word means something in this story. I did feel at times while reading the first 80% that the story could have been shorter, but it made sense once I finished. I do wish the author would have included more dialogue in parts, but none of those took away from the rating. This author has such a skill with her writing. I was floored with each page turned. I cannot wait to begin Truth. This is an absolute must-read. But know this, it is not for the weak-stomach. It was strong adult-content, and could be hard for some to get through. Do not expect a fun short evening to finish this. It is deep and real.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realiaze they were the big things.-Author anonymous

Find Consequences and Aleatha Romig:



No comments:

Post a Comment