Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sucide Note by Teresa Mummert review




Suicide Note

By: Teresa Mummert
5 Major hip-thrusting stars

 

 
 
 
I was given a super-duper early arc in exchange for a brutally honest review. By~Heather
 
“I’m not so sure anymore. I just walked away from someone I cared about because I couldn’t tell her the truth.”
“Why?”
“Because I was scared to lose her.”
“Looks like you lost her anyway. Why not put all your cards on the table. Let her decide what she can handle.”

 

You know when you read a story that you really connect with a character. Well, I felt this with both of the characters. I was moved by the emotion, the fear, the happy times, the crazy ex, the sexiness of Shane and Jenn!

Jenn Reynolds  and SSgt. Shane Tudor have both come from bad relationships and do not want to be on the path for love, when their lives collide over a note that should not have been seen by Shane, sparks fly and road trips ensue.

Jenn is on the fast-track for her career, but she has a less than stellar family. Shane is deployed and heartbroken with a loving family back home. Shane has his 2-week break from Iraq and decided to visit his cousin instead of facing his problems. Jenn and Shane find each other during this break. But quickly learn there’s more than what meets the eye. Shane thinks he’s just keeping his new friend safe, but how long can he lie to himself before he’s in too deep?

 

I wrapped my arms around her waist and lifted her into my arms. Tears, happy tears, fell from my eyes as I held on to the only person in the world that could take away all of my hurting with a simple smile.
“If something would have happened to you.”
“It didn’t. We can’t live our lives in a protective bubble. Things are going to happen. Sometimes bad things but we shouldn’t let that decide how we live our lives. Don’t be mad at me.”

2 comments:

  1. Nice review, Heather! You give a feel for it, and enough details to make us want to read more without giving too much away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fred! <3 I put a lot of thought into my reviews. If my words can get somebody to want to pick up a book I loved, then every single minute was worth it:)

    ReplyDelete